Sunday 3 November 2013

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 80 - Suspense

Good day readers!

As some of my regular readers will know, I love Chanel. If I could afford it, I would have the entire Chanel make-up collection. Unfortunately I can't, so I make do with raving about the products I can occasionally afford to splurge on, such as this rather lovely lipstick.







Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Hydrating Sheer Lipshine in Suspense is a gorgeous deep pink/purple with a tiny hint of a warm plum shade, with little particles of purple glitter through it, giving it a rather unusual two-tone effect. This hasn't shone through in the pictures sadly but in person, this is an impressive shade of lipstick!





I tried pictures with and without flash to try and give you a better impression of the shade but sadly it hasn't worked well! Suffice to say, this is one lovely lipstick though. It glides onto the lips as you apply and it genuinely hydrates the lips; one of my main issues in the winter months is dry, chapped lips and this is a lipstick that helps to treat them and doesn't cling to the dry patches on my lips. With a sealant, the lasting time on this is about 3 hours before I need to reapply, even if I've been eating and drinking during that time. Generally I am impressed with the quality of Chanel lipsticks and this little beauty is no exception.




And here's a picture of my pasty mug wearing said lippy! It adds a lovely pop of colour without being too in-your-face, looks like a gloss on the lips and is soothing to wear. Chanel Rouge Coco Shine retails at £24 (RRP), which although it isn't cheap, I think it is a worthwhile investment since I find it very wearable and I always feel a little bit more glamorous wearing it and having it in my handbag! Personally I prefer Chanel lipsticks to MAC (I know, shocking opinion for a blogger to have!) and would rather treat myself to some Chanel since they always look and feel luxurious, adding a touch of class and elegance to one's make-up collection!

What are your thoughts on this lipstick? Or do you have a particular lipstick that always makes you feel more glamorous whilst wearing it?

Take care!

Christina xo


No comments:

Post a Comment